TRANSITION REQUIREMENTS TO ISO 22000:2018
SAATCA CERTIFICATED AUDITORS
This document describes the transition requirements to ensure that SAATCA certified Auditors are competent on the ISO 22000:2018 standard version.
Compulsory transition requirements for SAATCA Certificated FSMS Auditors
SAATCA Auditors certificated to any of the FSMS grades will be required to:
- Successfully complete Auditor transition training on the FDIS or published ISO 22000:2018 standard in order to be certificated as competent to conduct audits against the ISO 22000:2018 standard version
- Successfully complete Auditor transition training on the FDIS or published ISO 22000:2018 standard, on or before 30 June
- Conduct a minimum of two (2) audits against the published ISO 22000:2018 standard to be certificated as competent to conduct audits against the 2018 standard
- For certification purposes, SAATCA will only accept audits performed after successful completion of the Auditor transition training. Such audits must be done against the published ISO 22000:2018
ISO 22000:2018 Auditor Transition Training Requirements
SAATCA Auditors certificated to any of the FSMS grades will be required to attend ISO 22000:2018 Auditor transition training which complies with the following SAATCA requirements:
- The ISO 22000:2018 Auditor transition training must comprise of a two-day transition training course.
- The ISO 22000:2018 Auditor transition training must be presented and facilitated by a SAATCA registered FSMS Training Course Provider. The facilitator his/her SAATCA FSMS registration number must be captured on the certificate of successful completion for the ISO 22000:2018 Auditor transition training
A certificate of successful completion of a two day ISO 22000:2018 Auditor transition training will be accepted only if the certificate meets the following requirements:
- The certification states that the training is for the ISO 22000:2018 Auditor transition training and is based on either the FDIS or the published standard
- The training is for a duration of 2 days
- The training course provider name and the Facilitator who presented the training and his/her SAATCA FSMS registration number are reflected on the certificate of successful completion
Validity of Certifications to ISO 22000:2018
Your current ISO 22000:2005 certifications will not be valid after three years from publication of ISO 22000:2018. The expiry date of Auditor certifications to ISO 22000:2005 issued during the transition period will automatically become invalid at the end of the three year transition period for ISO 22000:2018.
SAATCA Registered Auditor Transition Timeframes for ISO 22000:2018
Three years after publication by ISO of ISO 22000:2018, all existing certifications issued to ISO 22000:2005 shall be deemed invalid.
|ISO 22000:2018 TRANSITION REQUIREMENTS FOR SAATCA CERTIFICATED FSMS AUDITORS (ALL GRADES) AND THE REQUIRED EVIDENCE||TRANSITION TIMEFRAMES|
SUBMISSION OF AN ISO 22000:2018 2 DAY AUDITOR TRANSITION TRAINING CERTIFICATE IN ACCORDANCE WITH SAATCA REQUIREMENTS. ONLY TRAINING CONDUCTED ON EITHER THE FDIS OR ON THE PUBLISHED STANDARD WILL BE ACCEPTED BY SAATCA
|01/07/2018 – 30/06/2021|
|ISO 22000:2018 SAATCA AUDIT LOGS:
SAATCA WILL ONLY ACCEPT AUDIT LOGS FOR ISO 22000:2018 AUDITS PERFORMED AFTER SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE 2 DAY SAATCA REQUIRED ISO 22000:2018 AUDITOR TRANSITION TRAINING
SUCH AUDITS MUST BE CONDUCTED AGAINST THE PUBLISHED ISO 22000:2018 STANDARD
|AUDIT LOGS MAY ONLY BE SUBMITTED AFTER SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE 2 DAY SAATCA REQUIRED ISO 22000:2018 AUDITOR TRANSITION TRAINING|
|ANNUAL RE-REGISTRATION WILL TAKE PLACE EVERY 12 MONTHS AS PART OF AN AUDITOR’S SURVEILLANCE ACTIVITY FOR THE MAINTENANCE OF HIS/HER CERTIFICATION.
IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT WITHIN ONE YEAR AFTER PUBLICATION OF ISO 22000:2018, ALL SAATCA CERTIFICATED FSMS AUDITORS SHOULD HAVE COMPLETED THE ISO 22000:2018 2 DAY AUDITOR TRANSITION TRAINING IN ACCORDANCE WITH SAATCA TRANSITION REQUIREMENTS
|3 YEARLY RE-CERTIFICATION CYCLE|
|RE-CERTIFICATION ON A THREE (3) YEAR CYCLE IS REQUIRED OF EACH AUDITOR IN EACH REGISTERED GRADE PER SCHEME.
SAATCA AUDITORS ARE RESPONSIBLE TO ENSURE THAT THEY SUBMIT THEIR ISO 22000:2018 TWO DAY AUDITOR TRANSITION TRAINING AND APPLICABLE AUDIT LOGS TO SAATCA WITHIN THEIR 3 YEARLY CERTIFICATION CYCLE OR AT THE LATEST, BY 30 JUNE 2021.
Note: All SAATCA auditor certifications to ISO 22000:2005 expires on 30 June 2021 and are no longer valid after this date. Any transition submissions received after 30 June 2021 will be treated as a new application and will be subject to the applicable fees.
Note: The dates contained in this document are based on the current understanding that the ISO 22000:2018 has been published in 18 June 2018.